Malta in a Minute: The lighthouse at Delimara

Delimara lighthouse

The Delimara lighthouse is located at the southernmost tip of Malta. It was constructed by the British around 1856 and stayed in operation until 1990. The octagonal tower is 22m high. In recent years the building was restored by Din l-Art Helwaa non-profit organisation that was set up to safegaurd Malta’s heritage. The lighthouse-keeper’s accomodation has been transformed into two apartments that are available for short-term lets.

8 comments

  1. I WOULD STAY HERE in a HEART BEAT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I would love to spend a night or two there too.

      Delete
  2. Nice, looks like a wonderful quiet place to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful ! Such an old building !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Delimara lighthouse is quite a popular landmark.

      Delete
  4. Oh this is beautiful Loree - what a wonderful place this would be to visit and stay for a few days. Hope you are having a great start to July. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes wonder how it would feel to spend a night there during a winter storm - not sure it would be a good idea. My imagination would run wild.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Due to the new setting I had to make to allow Comments from people who do not have a Blogger account, it is not possible for me to reply to each comment individually but I will try to do so in some other way.
If you're still having problems leaving a comment you can email me at: stories.scribbles@gmail.com
Spam and offensive comments will be deleted.

Instagram

Sincerely, Loree. Theme by STS.