Book Talk: The Adventures of a Curious Cat

As promised in my last roundup featuring the books I read between March and June 2022 I am going to start reviewing books as soon as I read them. Then, when I do the roundup posts, I will be able to link to the actual review instead of to my Goodreads page which most of you probably can't even view anyway. Some will be short, like today's review, but other's will be a bit longer. It will depend on the book, of course. I hope that  if there are any bookworms reading my blog will enjoy them.

Book Review:  The Adventures of a Curious Cat by Curious Zelda with Matt Taghioff

From the book blurb:

Curious Zelda is social media star, agony aunt, yoga teacher, cat. In The Adventures of a Curious Cat she gives insight into her view of the world and dispenses unparalleled wisdom. Zelda explains, in her unique voice, how to handle humans, how to communicate with furniture, and most importantly how to live a life curiously. It's the ultimate self-help guide for any cat, or indeed, their human.


My review:

This is an amusing book. It made me chuckle in places but didn't have that laugh-out-loud factor that I was expecting nor did I feel the need to keep reaching out for it. It does drag in places and I kept getting distracted. However, it's a pleasant foray into the mind of a cat which, I'm sure, will be appreciated by cat lovers everywhere. 

Curious Zelda has her own Instagram page and you can find her here.

Genre: contemporary fiction

First published: 2019

Awards: n/a

Location of story: Zelda's house

Trigger warnings: n/a

My rating: 3   

                                                                                                      

3 comments

  1. WHAT A BEAUTY ZELDA IS IN HER BLACK AND WHITE FUR!
    THOSE EYES ARE STUNNING!
    I ADORE CATS AS YOU KNOW.........
    MY THEODORE IS ON MY LAP NOW AS I TYPE!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cat must be like Arthur, sometimes I think I could write a book about him. We don't celebrate Halloween, but each year it moves in a little more !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loree it sounds like this is a good book for light reading. Sometimes I need something fun to read. Hope your November is off to a lovely start. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Due to the new setting I had to make to allow Comments from people who do not have a Blogger account, it is not possible for me to reply to each comment individually but I will try to do so in some other way.
If you're still having problems leaving a comment you can email me at: stories.scribbles@gmail.com
Spam and offensive comments will be deleted.

Instagram

Sincerely, Loree. Theme by STS.