Random thoughts

Can anybody else believe it’s already mid-May? Seriously, the only two months that don’t seem to fly by before one can say ‘whoosh’ are January and  February. Which is odd, as daylight hours are shorter so, technically, the days should seem like they are passing quicker. Anyhow, mid-May it is and it has been startlingly cool this year. Of course, I am immensely happy. We’ve had rain, cloudy days and strong winds. We woke up to a heavy downpour this morning that washed our plants (and our patio) and made everything look bright and clean again. I know it won’t last so I am making the most of it and snuggling into my fleece blanket every time I watch TV. Fleece blankets! In May! In Malta! It’s generally unheard of but everything is possible with climate change – which does not mean, as some people seem to think, that everyone will get Maldives-like weather the whole year round.



On to other topics …

I did not really mean to go so long between posts but some of my readers have informed me that their comments are disappearing. Which is a major bummer as all comments mean a lot to me. I have tried to find a fix, but to no avail. To be honest, the disappearing comments is not the only issue I have had with Blogger lately. Now I am seriously thinking of switching to Wordpress but I am not sure that this platform is as easy to use as Blogger – not to mention the fact that transferring the whole blog sounds like a nightmare to someone who is not very tech savvy. So I’m still thinking about it. Has anyone else had problems with reader comments?

To be honest, blogging has lost a bit of its lustre these days and when technical problems crop up that no one can seem to solve, I wonder whether it’s time to call it a day. But that moment passes quickly because I know I would miss it too much. It is a way of staying connected with people I have never physically met but who I seem to know better than some people I see every day. So I don’t really want to give blogging up. I just want it to be easy like it used to be. I cannot understand why so-called improvements usually result in the opposite being true. Rant over. I promise that next time I will write something worth reading.
From what I can deduce, the comments that are disappearing are from people who do not have a Blogger account. If you have recently left a comment that has disappeared, please do not bother with the Comments Section on this blog. You can contact me on Instagram here or write to me at: stories(dot)scribbles(@)gmail(dot)com

7 comments

  1. Lovely post
    Snow in the local mountains recently makes walking outdoors greeted by cold air feel normal, but not in May. The winter lining is still in my jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, don't give up blogging, I've only gotten started! (When I find the time, that is, haha!) As I only dipped a toe in a year ago, I thought the Blogger template was pretty smooth going but I did wonder how all the seasoned bloggers coped as the platform must have evolved quite a lot over the years. I also figured the Comments problems were confined to those without Blogger accounts. Good idea to add your email address today. I also did the same this week. Instagram is nice but I'm not a big poster there either. It is a sinkhole for time!!

    By the way, your profile picture isn't showing up for me today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pity the poor tourists who booked for the wonderful month of May in Malta !! It's the same here for 2 weeks cold now the sun is shining but the tempertures don't get up more then to 15° ! I had troubles, of not getting comments in my emails ! So I never knew who had commented, but suddenly it was solved from alone. I checked all the settings and it seemed OK. Now it looks better. I know some people who switched to Wordpress and then back to Blogger ! I began with Wordpress didn't like it and took Blogger but that was in 2006 ! Long time. I try to keep at least my Writer's cramps, the photo blogs I neglectedK. Mr. G after 7 weeks can leave the rehabilitation clinic next Tuesday ! And then other worries will start, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I HAVE WORDPRESS AND IT CAN NOT BE EASIER!
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. MY COMMENT TOOK And I donot have BLOGGER but what is new is the MATCHY MATCHY photos are back!They left for awhile and that's when all the problems began......before that they NEVER liked what I matched and I could do it 25 times (I counted once)and still NO COMMENT!
    I SAY CHANGE PLATFORM............XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Loree I would so miss you blogging. I am sure if enough folks have problems e blogger will work on a fix. Glad to read that you are getting wonderful weather for May. Enjoy it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you looked into SquareSpace? Another alternative.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Due to the new setting I had to make to allow Comments from people who do not have a Blogger account, it is not possible for me to reply to each comment individually but I will try to do so in some other way.
If you're still having problems leaving a comment you can email me at: stories.scribbles@gmail.com
Spam and offensive comments will be deleted.

Instagram

Sincerely, Loree. Theme by STS.