Merry Christmas from my house to yours

It's just 2 more sleeps until Christmas and a mighty north-westerly wind is blowing outside. The temperature has dropped a little but our house is cozy and the smell of baking cookies fills the air. I have skipped out on our office event and decided to finish my last batch of cookies. Tomorrow I will frost them and wrap the last of the presents. I have managed to keep things simple this year without feeling guilty about it. I've also managed to cross everything off my 'to do' list, including buying last-minute tickets to the panto on Boxing day. 


After I write this short post (I promise it won't be lengthy since we're all very busy) I will put my feet up, get my nail polish on and watch a movie or two. Last Saturday we watched The Holiday again because there's nothing better than two improbable romances to kick-off the season. Although I suppose that the quaint little cottage covered in snow in the middle of the English countryside has something to do with it too.

If I have time tomorrow, I'll drive to a little wooded area called Buskett to forage for pine cones and small branches that the wind will knock off the trees. Then I'll place them around the house as they will smelly lovely and help to increase the Christmas atmosphere. I love bringing the outside in, whether it's seashells or pine cones.

As promised, I am keeping this short. I would like to wish you all a very happy Christmas. I hope you are able to share it with your loved ones and closest friends.

I'll be back before the end of the year and the end of the decade (yikes).

As we say in Maltese:

Il-Milied it-tajjeb.

7 comments

  1. Your home looks so festive and your plans sound delightful. I look forward to more of your lovely blog next year. Merry Christmas Loree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Loree, Have a very happy Holiday Season!
    --Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merriest Holidays to You & Yours Loree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy holidays to you and yours Loree! xo Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your decoration is really beautiful and the tree is gorgeous ! We used to have a big one too, now it is only 1.50 m and fake but looks nice once decorated. Impossible to keep a real tree with 4 cats !

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVELY TREE!
    AND NOW A HAPPY NEW YEAR..........HERE WE GO!
    XX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Due to the new setting I had to make to allow Comments from people who do not have a Blogger account, it is not possible for me to reply to each comment individually but I will try to do so in some other way.
If you're still having problems leaving a comment you can email me at: stories.scribbles@gmail.com
Spam and offensive comments will be deleted.

Instagram

Sincerely, Loree. Theme by STS.